Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Back

Well, it has been a few months since I wrote on this thing. I guess I kind of started a revolution, seeing now as everyone, including the more unlikely candidates such as mom and Lisa, have blogs. What a wierd wierd world we live in, but that is okay.

Life is going good. The official count is down to 763 hours. That isn’t too much, so I am pretty excited. Right now school is going good and I am able to pay at least nominal attention to my classes. We will see how long that lasts. I have microprocessors, which is having me feel a little bit nerdy and not too happy financially, after having to buy $125 worth of electronics parts, as well as a book. Also they are outdated models, which aren’t actually used in industry anymore, so I have a hard time understanding why we use them. I am taking an Institute class of the Miracles of Christ. I really enjoy it. Being a little slow as I am, I finally caught on that it is wise to choose classes by the teacher, not the subject. Last semster I had Parables of Christ, which has so much potential, but I didn’t like our teacher at all, so it wasn’t so good. Then I have Family Finance. It is the biggest class I’ve had ever, but fairly easy. Garrett is in the class with me, and we usually play Pocket Tanks (fun) or do our homework (not fun) as well as copy down the lame stuff from the powerpoint slides. After that, three times a week I go and pretend to swim. I amn’t so good at it, but I get my breathing and heart rate up and feel the workout in my arms and legs. Also I am getting better, so my brain doesn’t panic from lack of air when my head is in the water. The first day I did it, I threw up afterwars, but it is getting easier. Then I have Intro to Probability, again with Garrett. It is MATH 5710, which is quite a high level math class. It has been pretty easy so far, but I think this week might be the last where I can say that. We are starting into more obscure concepts. My final class is Data Structures and Algorithms. My professor is a chinese guy who doesn’t speak to well and explains a little worse. I find the material boring and think that the class is going to be tedious and painful.

So my day at school begins at 8:30 and I get done at 2:20 without any real breaks. Then I eat something on the way to work. Salad has been good this last week, spending $3 on a good sized bag of it and about $1 on my favorite creamy poppyseed dressing. It is very significantly cheaper to take leftovers or homemade stuff than buy fast food.

I get to work by 3 and work until 6. Then I go home, which takes about half and hour. On good days, Lindsay will meet me there and we will do something for dinner and then start homework. Then I usually work with Garrett for a little bit on homework, maybe clean up around the house or my bedroom, play games, take naps, feed the animals, or other things.

That is kind of a normal day. On Tuesdays I have Microprocessor Lab at 7:30 Tuesday morning, which lasts about 3 hours. Then I go to work and am there from 10:45 to 6. On Thursdays. I go to Lindsay’s apartment in the morning and then we go snowboarding for part of the day. Saturdays are pretty similar.

I will write later about the story of my engagement, with all of its exciting preperations and all that stuff, but now I am finally out of lame Data Structure class.

Adieu

2 comments:

Annette said...

I guess that's a productive way to pass a lame class. I guess we can hope that more of them are lame so we can hear from you more often. :)

Lizaka said...

I must clarify that it was definitely NOT your blog that "inspired" me to start a blog. It was probably Mindy or Alyna's. Sorry - your blog didn't have anything on it for so long that it was just plain boring. As for feeling nerdy - well, you are in our family.